Thursday, March 27, 2014

Author Love: Jackie Barbosa

You may think I'm exaggerating, but let me make it perfectly clear Jackie Barbosa is the Queen of Spice. The reasons are simple, her books are so hot she has multiple reviews from readers claiming 'it's too much'. That means I need to buy every book. Right. Now. Because I love the 'it's-too-hot-to-handle' challenge.

I've purchase a couple of Barbosa's works from the self-published historical erotic read The Lesson Plan to her delicious, oh-too-spicy, threesome from Spice Briefs Grace Under Fire.

She's got talent, a flair for dialogue, and a good way of delivering characters you can love. Barbosa also produces a ton of quick reads, which appeal to me because for some reason I'm on a short story and novella kick.

One of her self-published series is contemporary and definitely perked me interest. Called the Gospel of Love series, three books are currently available, the stories revolve around four brothers seeking their HEA. Though I don't think any of them are get what they are expecting. I'm diving into this series headfirst, starting next week. It's part of my April reads for sure.

Outside of her books, Jackie and her family recently experienced a loss that I'd never wish upon anyone. Their son Julian, known as Alpha to the social media world, was taken from this world via a car accident. At this time the amazing Beverley Kendall has established a memorial fund operating in his honor and you can find more info about it here.

While we mourn for the loss of Alpha and honor his memory please consider supporting Jackie in the way readers and writers can, through loving her words and supporting her in this trying time.

No comments:

Post a Comment